Tuesday, October 25, 2011

And on the 3rd day she rested./ WHY YOU SHOULD TURBO WITH ME!

Ohhhhhh the saddest day of the week. Today is rest day. Yep, three days into the program you have to rest. This will be the third day of each week. This is why it's so important to choose which day you start the program in a way that really fits with your schedule. If you don't rest on your "rest" day, there's a huge chance your body can fight you. Just like a working person, we all need a break. Too much and we go into break down mode. The body can revive and regenerate and repair and all the other "re" words that are healthy, as long as you take care of it. It's an amazing machine that requires maintenance. Healthy food, healthy exercise, sleep, and love are all you need for a healthy body. I think rest fits under love.

So do I work out at all today? NOPE. This is a personal choice that works for me. I know from experience that when it comes to my body, if I don't take this day to chill, I'm just not going to mentally be there. I'll feel rushed, the scale won't work with me, I'll be stressed, and it's just not a good thing. Even God took a day off. I'm not even a billionth of a percentage as awesome as He is so of course I need a break every now and then.

Should nobody work out on the rest day? I say what works for me. What works for you might be different. If you really really really really want to work out on your rest day, don't kick yourself all day about it, go work out... oooooooooor you could change which day you start your week on.

What do I eat on my rest day?
  • Fruits and veggies for the most part
  • Very low carbs from breads but I still eat them. 
    • Carbs are brain food. I need my brain to actually work. Plus I get insanely cranky if I don't have carbs. I usually go with A (that means one) thin bagel with hummus or avocado
  • I stick to the bottom of my ranges for cal/carb/fat but try to increase my protein 
    • Protein helps keep your metabolism up. It takes longer to process. The fruits and veggies will help clear your system of meats if you're worried about them. 
      • If extra protein really really really bothers your intestinal tract (backs you up) try a brown banana twice on high protein days. Not brown brown to the point that you gag when trying to eat it. But spotting on the peel is a good sign that the fructooligosaccarides (just happens to be my favorite word in the world) a.k.a. healthy bacteria the breaks down fruit, are ready to help clean out your tummy and eat up waste making it easier to go #2 :)
        • Look! It's a note of a note of a note! I wanted to see what the bullet looks like for this one.
  • I may take two Shakeology shakes this day to not feel lethargic since I'm not getting my hormone boost from a workout. 
 Why did I choose Tuesday for my rest day? I work Tuesday night and then I'm off Wednesday-Friday. What is Wednesday and Friday? BRING IT ON DAYS! Those are the days I really really reeeaaallly push it. The kids are in school. I have dance classes. I hang out with my friends. Who wouldn't want to rest before that?


You can support me and my mission to go back to college for nutrition by shopping under my beachbody page. My suggestions (things that I use personally) are Shakeology, TurboFire, P90X/P90X2, and the protein bars.

      Email- forgivenscreenprints@yahoo.com
      Facebook
      About me and Beachbody
      Sparkpeople
      How to order TurboFire, P90X, Insanity, Beachbody products, Shakeology

      1 comment:

      1. Wonderful!!! too bed Bananas even brown ones dont work for me, had to finally use Hot Apple Cider 100% juice, made locally and Hot green tea(not together!lol) I ummm...dont think that I could do the hustle...I have NO rhythmic whatsoever! plus I would have to be PRIVATELY taught....I would be sooo embarrassed I commend you that you are able to do it!!! And you know I support you ALL the way on your endeavors

        ReplyDelete