Monday, October 24, 2011

HIIT me baby one more time, yah I went there

Day 2 of TurboFire was HIIT 15. HIIT stands for High intensity interval training.
What is HIIT?
It's spurts of high intensity workouts (30 seconds to a minute at a time) that raise your heart rate to the point that you can't talk by the time you're done. Then you repeat it with a 30 second break in between eat time for around 5-30 minutes based on your fitness level. Some ideas of intervals are sprints, floor touches, jumping jacks, burpees, high knees, and turbo jumps. If you usually groan when someone tells you to do it, it's usually an interval exercise. :)
How does this work? (The whole thing is a link to a page that I think describes it so much better than I ever could)

  • HIIT trains and conditions both your anaerobic and aerobic energy systems. You train your anaerobic system with brief, all-out efforts, like when you have to push to make it up a hill, sprint the last few hundred yards of a distance race, or run and hide from your spouse after saying the wrong thing.




  • HIIT increases the amount of calories you burn during your exercise session and afterward because it increases the length of time it takes your body to recover from each exercise session.




  • HIIT causes metabolic adaptations that enable you to use more fat as fuel under a variety of conditions. This will improve your athletic endurance as well as your fat-burning potential.




  • HIIT appears to limit muscle loss that can occur with weight loss, in comparison to traditional steady-state cardio exercise of longer duration.




  • To get the benefits HIIT, you need to push yourself past the upper end of your aerobic zone and allow your body to replenish your anaerobic energy system during the recovery intervals.




  • Is HIIT for everyone?
    If you have cardiovascular problems or are pregnant or have other conditions where you can't get your heart rate past a certian level then no. But if you're wanting a challenge and are ready to work really hard for the weight loss I would reccomend it.

    Before I did the turbofire program I stopped in at the gym and did circuit weights. I did 240 with my leg pushes today! It's funny how excited I get when I can increase a weight. I know I'll never have skinny mini legs so I'm completely ok with making them as muscular as I can. They carry me everywhere, I need them to be strong. While I was doing bicept curls an previous trainer of mine (3 session with him and I couldn't stand him) came up and said "How much have you lost now?" I told him 85 and he goes "And I see you've made weights a weekly routine. Go you!" I know I'm being a brat when the only thing I can think of is "Umm duh, I knew to do weights before you." But I didn't say it out loud because he was actually trying to be nice. But he injured me when he trained me so I'm slightly (extremely) bitter.
    On the turbofire program today she did a warmup, one interval program for 30 seconds, reapeated it two more times, then had two other interval programs that she did 3 times each. I thought they were fun. There's a ton of jumping. I had done a video but I (tmi) still have flabby legs that made a slap noise a few times when I was jumping. NOT POSTING THAT! lol But I will post one next week with the volume on the program turned up so if it happens again you won't hear it. I'm happy that I'm starting this program while still in the "obese" category because it proves to me that obese is just a category people put you in to say you're fat, and it DOES NOT dictate how active you actually are or what you're capable of doing.
    Following the HIIT program I did the 10 minute stretch. I missed it yesterday. I think this is a strech I'll do right before bed and not just after these workouts. I was so relaxed by the time I was finished with the 10 minutes that I layed back for a second destressed. I could literally feel the stress fall off my shoulders and feel my muscles thanking me. It was a wonderful feeling. I LOVED the stretch.

    Aaaaaand now for my video on how I got to over 300 lbs followed by my fitness and nutrition plans for the day.
    And while doing it I saw my Rock Star wrist band in the picture and realized star backwards is Rats
    Exercise-
    • weights (20 min)
    • Hustle training (20 min)
    • HIIT turbofire (15 min)
    • Turbofire Stretch (10 min)
    I almost think I shouldn't include my hustle training because I did it half paced but I can't really be picky about it. At least I wasn't sitting on my butt doing nothing.

    Fooodz

    Breakfast


    Clementine, 1 serving35901
    Almonds, 1 oz (24 whole kernels)1646146

    Breakfast TOTALS:19915147

    Lunch


    Beachbody Shakeology - Chocolate, 48 gram(s)14017117
    International Coffees French Vanilla Cafe Flavored Instant Coffee, powder, 1 Serving651030

    Lunch TOTALS:20527417

    Dinner


    Ground beef, lean, 4 oz29902320
    Beans, black, 0.5 cup1142008
    Whole Wheat Tortilla, 1 serving1302434
    Carrots, raw, 2 cup, chopped1052512

    Dinner TOTALS:648692834

    Snack


    Apples, fresh, 1 medium (2-3/4" dia) (approx 3 per lb)812100
    Access Bar, 1 serving1472634
    LowCarb Creations, Snickerdoodle Cookie, 1 serving1409115

    Snack TOTALS:36856159
    CALORIESCARBSFATPROTEIN
    Totals: 14201676067
    Your Daily Goal: 1,380 - 1,730183 - 26536 - 6360 - 143
    Remaining Today: 0 - 31016 - 980 - 30 - 76

    (Sorry it's all jumbled like that. I'm rushing today to get this done before I shower and go to work.)
                   

    2 comments:

    1. You are doing so awesome....you just keep on going and I will be here to keep on cheering you on!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Luv you've been so much of a motivator for me. I really don't know how to thank you for your friendship.

      ReplyDelete